Claims Advocacy You Can Count On
Our in-depth knowledge of design firm risks and claims issues allows us to provide highly specialized support. Controlling the cost of risk requires not only active loss prevention, but also effective management of claims and litigation. A comprehensive claims management program must address pre-loss issues, coordination of all parties to the loss, and post loss strategy.
Ames & Gough stands ready to advocate on behalf of a client with regard to a specific claim, if needed. In the past, such matters have included initial coverage denials, lobbying for assignment of the client’s preferred defense counsel and other unique claim issues. Given the insurance company backgrounds of many of our senior staff, we have the skill and industry relationships to negotiate with insurance adjusters to get fair treatment on behalf of our clients.
Pre-Loss Claims Planning Services – We work with our clients to:
- enhance their internal procedures and responsibilities for assessing whether there has been a “claim”;
- maximize the use of any pre-claims assistance available for professional liability claims;
- develop customized claims reporting checklists;
- work with their insurers to prepare a pre-approved list of outside counsel where appropriate; and
- conduct training workshops to enhance our client’s understanding of coverages, claims preparedness, and claims pitfalls.
Post-Loss Claims Management Services – We guide our clients through all facets of the claims process immediately after an event to:
- ensure implementation of and adherence to the client’s internal and the insurer’s external claims-handling procedures;
- counsel clients on coverage limitations and requirements;
- manage timely notice and acknowledgement of claims;
- advocate on behalf of our clients, including assistance in resolving claims disputes;
- advise our clients on approaches and methodologies of measuring and documenting all components of loss and assembling the corresponding claim submission;
- assist our clients with the negotiation strategy for proceeding with the claim presentation and settlement process; and
- support timely collection of settlement monies from insurers.
Our McLean, VA office is looking for and Account Manager and Account Administrator to join our ever-growing talented team!
In an opinion column for The Zweig Letter, Rob Hughes, senior vice president and partner, Ames & Gough touches on the importance of enterprise risk management providing a formal process for firms to examine their critical risks in context, and implement cost-effective risk management and risk-financing solutions.
As executives at design firms throughout the U.S. formulate their business plans for the remainder of 2021 and beyond, many face challenges with work arrangements and employee satisfaction, along with longstanding headwinds in competition for projects and talent …
©2021 Ames & Gough
Headquarters: 8300 Greensboro Drive, Suite 980, McLean, Virginia 22102-3616
Phone: (703) 827-2277