Claims Advocacy You Can Count On
Our in-depth knowledge of design firm risks and claims issues allows us to provide highly specialized support. Controlling the cost of risk requires not only active loss prevention, but also effective management of claims and litigation. A comprehensive claims management program must address pre-loss issues, coordination of all parties to the loss, and post loss strategy.
Ames & Gough stands ready to advocate on behalf of a client with regard to a specific claim, if needed. In the past, such matters have included initial coverage denials, lobbying for assignment of the client’s preferred defense counsel and other unique claim issues. Given the insurance company backgrounds of many of our senior staff, we have the skill and industry relationships to negotiate with insurance adjusters to get fair treatment on behalf of our clients.
Pre-Loss Claims Planning Services – We work with our clients to:
- enhance their internal procedures and responsibilities for assessing whether there has been a “claim”;
- maximize the use of any pre-claims assistance available for professional liability claims;
- develop customized claims reporting checklists;
- work with their insurers to prepare a pre-approved list of outside counsel where appropriate; and
- conduct training workshops to enhance our client’s understanding of coverages, claims preparedness, and claims pitfalls.
Post-Loss Claims Management Services – We guide our clients through all facets of the claims process immediately after an event to:
- ensure implementation of and adherence to the client’s internal and the insurer’s external claims-handling procedures;
- counsel clients on exact replica watches coverage limitations and requirements;
- manage timely notice and acknowledgement of claims;
- advocate on behalf of our clients, including assistance in resolving claims disputes;
- advise our clients on approaches and methodologies of measuring and documenting all components of loss and assembling the corresponding claim submission;
- assist our clients with the negotiation strategy for proceeding with the claim presentation and settlement process; and
- support timely collection of settlement monies from insurers.
Study: Consolidated Health Systems Fail to Deliver Better Value Care for Patients
A recent study from researchers at Harvard University and the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) suggests that consolidated health systems cost patients more money, despite providing slightly better care than private practices. Read More
Partnering with For-profit Companies Successfully
Adequate funding is essential for a nonprofit organization, and partnering with a corporation, known as cause-related marketing, can be a lucrative option to guarantee revenue. However, risk in these relationships tends to fall disproportionately on the nonprofit partners, either because they are putting their most substantial asset at risk, such as their name, or because their hope for financial support can cloud their exercise of due diligence. These errors can result in a loss of public trust or in costly litigation. Read More
6 Cost-cutting Tips for Small Businesses
Employers of all sizes are currently searching for ways to reduce expenses and save money in response to the current economic downturn and ongoing labor challenges. Instead of cutting costs randomly or conducting unnecessary layoffs, successful organizations tend to optimize their resources by identifying areas where they can reduce expenses without compromising productivity or future growth. Read More.
©2021 Ames & Gough
Headquarters: 8300 Greensboro Drive, Suite 980, McLean, Virginia 22102-3616
Phone: (703) 827-2277