Law Firm Account Manager: New York/New Jersey
Position Overview: The primary focus of the Account Manager position is to assist in servicing existing and new law firm clients by providing technical and administrative support to our Client Executive(s). The focus will be on professional liability and property/casualty lines of coverage by handling the renewal submission, market negotiation, renewal proposal, and binding components. In the process of completing these tasks, the Account Manager will gather renewal information, negotiate with insurers, prepare renewal proposals, and assist with client presentations, while maintaining all information in our agency management system.
This position is an important role in our client service offering and provides an excellent opportunity to learn the intricacies of the insurance brokerage business.
Responsibilities: Servicing the professional liability and property/casualty insurance needs of small, mid-size, and larger law firm clients. This includes:
- Prepare renewal applications/submissions including, as necessary, pre-populate applications, order insurance company loss runs, and organize any supplemental information
- Collect insurer quotations and provide any needed analysis, charts, and benchmarking comparisons
- Prepare renewal proposals for input/review by the Client Executive(s) and presentation to clients
- Process renewal orders including obtaining premium finance quotations as required
- Generate binders and invoices (track payments as needed)
- Maintain client data on the agency management system (EPIC) in accordance with A&G guidelines
- Receive insurance policies and check for accuracy before forwarding to the client
- Assist with any mid-term changes, endorsements, etc., and processing
- Prepare any pre-renewal materials and charts as needed to assist Client Executive
- Assist with certificates of insurance and related matters when necessary
- Provide other administrative and technical support as needed to ensure effective client service and opportunity to capture new clients including assistance with preparation of sales materials.
- Help promote Ames & Gough at legal industry events and assist in creating sales opportunities.
Job Requirements: The successful candidate will possess, at a minimum, a four-year college degree, must have experience placing insurance on behalf of commercial clients for approximately 5-7+ years. This includes use of an agency management system, preparation of renewal submissions and applications, negotiations of terms and pricing, presentation of renewal proposal and binding and invoicing coverage. The candidate will have strong organizational and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, agency management systems, etc.). He or she must be able to deal with clients and insurance underwriters by telephone, in person and via written correspondence/email to ensure excellent client service. Strong communication skills are a must as is the interest and ability to become knowledgeable regarding law firm property/casualty, professional, management, and cyber liability insurance coverages and processes. A candidate will have the ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment. Successful candidates must either possess or be able to obtain and maintain their broker’s license.
Commercial Lines Account Manager: Boston, MA
Position Overview: The primary focus of the Account Manager position is to assist in servicing existing and new architectural and engineering clients by providing technical support to our Client Executives. The focus will be on the property/casualty lines of coverage. In the process of completing these tasks, the Account Manager will gather renewal information, negotiate with insurers, prepare renewal proposals, and assist with client presentations, while maintaining all information in our agency management system, EPIC.
Responsibilities: Servicing the property/casualty and some limited cyber and management liability insurance needs of our architectural and engineering firm clients. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Prepare and pre-populate renewal applications/carrier submissions, order insurance company loss runs and organize any supplemental information such as experience modification worksheets, as needed
- Collect insurer quotations, negotiate rates, and provide analysis, charts, and benchmarking comparisons
- Prepare renewal proposals for input/review by the Client Executives when necessary and be prepared to present to clients either in person or virtually, depending on the client relationship
- Provide guidance to the assistant account management team in their processing of new and renewal business, including binders, invoicing, and obtaining premium finance quotations, as needed
- Maintain client data within our agency management system (EPIC) in accordance with A&G guidelines
- Provide guidance to the assistant account management team in maintaining up-to-date schedules of insurance and other historic coverages, limits, or premium comparisons
- Receive insurance policies and review for accuracy before forwarding to clients
- Answer any client coverage questions and review insurance provisions within contracts and advise appropriately
- Assist and provide guidance to the assistant account management team with the processing of any mid-term policy changes, endorsements, etc.
- Provide non-workers’ compensation claim reporting assistance when necessary and interject/provide coverage analysis when/if the need arises
- Update and analyze annual workers’ compensation and general liability payroll audit spreadsheets
- Prepare any pre-renewal materials and charts as needed to assist Client Executives
- Assist and provide guidance with certificate of insurance questions from our in-house certificate team
- Provide other technical support as needed to ensure effective client service standards are met, with the opportunity to secure new clients including assistance with the preparation of sales materials
- Help promote Ames & Gough at industry events and assist in creating sales opportunities
Job Requirements: The ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years of commercial lines account management experience. A college degree is not required but is a plus. Other accreditations such as CRIS, CIC, CPCU, ARM, etc. preferred. Individual must be a licensed insurance agent/broker and possess the following qualities:
- Effective communication skills – written and oral – to ensure efficient interaction with underwriters, team members, and
- Solid knowledge of insurance coverages including property, general liability, auto liability, workers’ compensation & umbrella. Depending on circumstance and experience, some Account Managers may be more focused on certain lines of Management, Professional Liability and Cyber Liability experience/placement is a strong plus.
- Technologically proficient, including use of Microsoft Office Suite, EPIC Agency Management System, or similar.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with staff, clients, and underwriters, as well as work in a team environment.
Client-focused, self-motivated and attention to detail are an absolute must.
Account Administrator: McLean, VA
This person will work with our VA association/nonprofit team as well as the VA law firm team. They will have the responsibility of data entry in Epic to include populating policy detail, renewal applications, financing, invoicing, transactions, following up on outstanding money, certificate renewal batch reviews, confirming policy and endorsements are received, etc. This position is fast-paced and requires a detail-oriented individual. The candidate can be someone new to insurance or with limited insurance background and we will offer time to take the PC test within 3-6 months of being hired. This position is a teaching position at Ames & Gough offering growth and most candidates will be in this position for 2+ years. This candidate should be proficient at word, excel and Adobe. Epic knowledge is a plus. The candidate will be required to come to the office per company guidelines (will entertain remote).
To submit your resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org